To print this article, all you need to do is be registered or log in to Mondaq.com.
1. The suspension of inspections in the field of entrepreneurship has been extended
The Law on Amendments to the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on “Suspension of Inspections in the Field of Entrepreneurship” of October 20, 2015 was adopted on February 1, 2022. According to this amending Law, the suspension of inspections in the field of entrepreneurship in the Republic of Azerbaijan has been extended for one year until January 1, 2023.
2. Excise rates and import customs duty rates applied to goods imported into the Republic of Azerbaijan have been changed
A resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan on “Amendments to the “Resolution No. 20 on the approval of excise rates of goods subject to excise tax and imported into the territory of the Republic of ‘Azerbaijan’ was adopted on March 14, 2022.
Pursuant to this resolution, the excise rates for certain categories of goods subject to excise duty, such as
- undenatured ethyl alcohol, with a volume percent of 80 or too much alcohol concentration;
- alcoholic tinctures obtained by distillation of grape wine or grape marc;
- cigarettes containing tobacco;
- and tobacco (vapor) and tobacco products consumed as a result of heating,
have been increased.
In addition, a resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan on “Amendments to the “Resolution No. 500 on the Nomenclature of Products of Foreign Economic Activity of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Customs Duty Rates import and export customs duty rates” was adopted on March 14, 2022, according to which specific import customs duty rates for tobacco substitutes for hookah and single-use electronic cigarettes, hookahs and their substitutes have been determined. These import customs duty rates for the categories of goods concerned will be applied until 31 December 2024.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. Specialist advice should be sought regarding your particular situation.
POPULAR ARTICLES ON: Azerbaijan International Law