Stem exists to help artists navigate the business behind their music. We reduce complexity, create clarity and provide more opportunities for artists to exercise control over their finances. Artists and labels on our platform have clear visibility into their royalty income, and our insights empower them to decide for themselves how their hard-earned money flows. They can easily manage separations with collaborators or access artist-friendly advancements that scale their operations with no strings attached.
Stem is looking for an International Artist and Label Trade Coordinator to join our growing Artist and Label Relations team. As Stem’s International Artist and Label Business Coordinator, you will be responsible for securing editorial and marketing opportunities for Stem’s diverse roster of distributed artists and labels, with a focus on key markets outside of the United States. . You will cultivate relationships with DSP gatekeepers and stay abreast of all existing and new growth opportunities in the international streaming landscape. You will report to the Director of Commerce and Artist and Label Partnerships, with whom, alongside Stem’s Artist and Label Strategy team, you will work to create streaming campaigns to grow audiences and the notoriety of our directory.
The International Artist and Label Trade Coordinator will also be responsible for certain administrative responsibilities, including using Stem’s internal mechanism to collect and organize pitch assets, and compiling and reporting placements and data to key stakeholders. The role will require interaction with artists, labels and managers at different stages of their career and at different levels of seniority.
The ideal candidate will possess an ability to multi-task, meticulous attention to detail, exceptional writing skills and an understanding of international music markets with existing relationships in certain markets. This candidate will also have an enthusiasm for the artists and philosophy of Stem, and demonstrate a knowledge and passion for music.
This role is full-time and fully remote, with occasional in-person meetings in Los Angeles for which we cover out-of-town employee travel/accommodation.
Stem Disintermedia is led by a motivated and collaborative team from diverse backgrounds, including senior professionals from UTA, PeerStreet, Hired, Apple Music and FlashFunders. Our highly strategic group of investors and senior advisers includes former Venmo COO Michael Vaughan, Acorns board member and former Wealthfront CEO Adam Nash, Carta CEO , Henry Ward, QED co-founder, Adams Conrad, Quality Control Music (Cardi B, the Migos and Lil Yachty) co-founder and COO Kevin “Coach K” Lee, Three Six Zero CEO Mark Gillespie, two-time NBC All- Star Baron Davis and WndrCo. Our employees include musicians, parents, activists, artists, and more – what unites us are our shared values, our commitment to exceptional communication, and our belief in Stem’s mission.
What you will do:
- Work with artist and label reps and the strategy team to set business goals, create streaming campaigns, and manage artist expectations
- Work with distributed artists and labels to ensure best practices are followed across all platforms
- Develop and cultivate relationships with an international streaming partner
- Help develop presentations for all major platforms weekly
- Assist in compiling and distributing placements to key stakeholders on a weekly basis.
- Help independent musicians stay independent, by bringing fintech to music!
Our ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years of commercial experience in a record label, management company, distribution or DSP with a preference for Global
- Existing relationships with streaming partners in international markets
- General knowledge of music discovery and marketing opportunities across all major streaming platforms
- An ability to manage internal tools and partner backend interfaces (Spotify for Artists, itunesconnect, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Excel/Word and G Suite (especially Google Sheets)
- Experience writing promotional materials for artists or performers for a distributor, label, management company or publisher
- pop culture meaning
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance priorities
- Detail-oriented with time management and follow-up skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and communicate performance updates on Stem releases both internally and externally
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Proficiency in relevant languages (i.e. Spanish, German, Mandarin, Korean) an asset
- Technologies/Systems/Software we use:
- Google/Excel spreadsheets
- Spotify cms + Spotify for artists
- Amazon Music for Artists
- Youtube CMS
- Don’t match all the skills listed? Almost no one does! Do you think you’re a good fit anyway? Please let us know.
- Competitive compensation including equity for all full-time employees.
- We maintain salary bands for all careers to ensure fair wages across the company.
- 100% of premiums covered for employee medical, dental and vision care (60% for dependents)
- Business 401(k) matches up to 4%.
- Unlimited paid leave
- Life insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Excellent parental leave policies
**Stem is an equal opportunity employer, and more than that, actively strives to build and nurture a diverse, inclusive and equitable team. We celebrate differences and select shared values over cultural fit. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment.**